To plan, design and manage civil design projects, ensuring the structures are safe and economic.
- Work under the guidance of and take direction from senior structural and civil engineering colleagues
- Participate as a member of the Concertus team supporting colleagues and working collaboratively to develop the business.
- Work flexibly to support delivery across the service.
- Take ownership for own personal development.
- Liaise with other professional staff across the business as directed in developing designs
- Answer client and contractor queries where able and refer queries on to qualified colleagues where necessary
- Maintain a professional appearance and standard of conduct
- Create engineering drawings and models using CAD packages
- Undertake civil engineering design under guidance of Senior Engineers
- Assist / Undertake engineering calculations by hand and using software
- Assist / Prepare building regulations and undertaker submissions
- Assist / Prepare technical reports
- Assist /Asses the environmental impact and risks connected
- Create a positive and professional first impression of Concertus
- Deal with all contacts professionally.
BIM roles and responsibilities:
- Maintain and receive information into the information model
- Configure information for project outputs
- Populate the information exchange format for the information model
- Production of design outputs related to a discipline specific, package-based or time-based task
- Undertake clash detection process and report to design team lead
Measures of success:
- Feedback from team members/ line manager
- Contribution to service
- Team performance
- Service improvements suggested
- Accuracy and timeliness of support
- Efficiency of systems and processes
- Service delivered within budget and to agreed targets
- Service delivery performance indicators
- Client feedback
- Directors feedback
It’s essential you have:
- GSCEs in at least four subjects at Grade B or above including English and Maths
- At least 3 A Levels (Maths and Physics preferable) or BTECs worth at least 96 UCAS points
- A passion for Civil Engineering
- Motivation to succeed
How you act:
- Professional, friendly and honest – Builds good relationships with colleagues, understands the importance of confidentiality
- Attention to detail – Able to deliver clear and accurate information
- Team worker – You work collaboratively with your team to achieve better outcomes for customers
- Service deliverer – You focus on delivering a service that provides great outcomes for our customers
- Customer focused – you put the customer first.
- Shows initiative – you come up with ways of improving how we do things
- Well organised – you plan and prioritise your work to ensure that deadlines are met. You have the ability to plan and multi-task and can work to strict deadlines
- Willing to learn – you want to acquire new skills that will support you in your role
- Flexible attitude – you are prepared to work flexibly to deliver the service