To advise to clients on the strategic management of projects and portfolios
- Pro-actively promote business development through professional networking and personal contacts
- Plan and manage projects in a robust and systematic way, taking ownership of all related issues and ensuring resolutions are found efficiently
- Plan and manage projects in a robust and systematic way
- Deliver all projects on time, within budget and in accordance with agreed scope
- Look at the bigger picture, and assist clients with managing their assets and delivering transactional elements
- Organise the preparation of feasibility studies, tender documentation, monthly reports and other analysis.
- Provide client advice on project timings, risk and procurement.
- Develop project briefs and objectives, including effective stakeholder engagement to ensure solutions are robust and viable.
- Create and maintain project documentation, including the formation of project plans to track progress
- Prepare high quality tender documentation including quality questions and scoring matrices. Undertake management of clarifications during tender period as and when required, review tender submissions and negotiate contract sums as necessary.
- Control all post contract procedures, prepare payment certificates, produce reports and monitor actual and anticipated expenditure against budgets and fee profiles. Prepare and support the QS team in the evaluation and issuing CAIs and evaluation of claims for extensions of time, etc
- Project manage various schemes, plan, set objectives, provide direction, programme, monitor, control and advise on related matters including issue progress reports and in post contract reviews
- Undertake Project Management techniques to satisfy planning, interface with designers, agencies and all stakeholders, implement and maintain quality control requirements, financial management and project reporting requirements
- Ensure that customer requirements are identified and agreed with the client. Collect all feedback information and monitor, particularly conjunction with the SLA and client requirements.
- Undertake regular lessons learnt reviews and communicate findings across teams as required.
- Ensure the delivery of quality assured, client focused products and services to meet the agreed requirements of the customer
- Contribute to the operation and development of the Business Management System to ensure the continuous improvement of quality assured services/products for clients
- Carry out professional research projects.
- Assist in the investigation, reporting and recommending the implementation of new procedures and techniques. Take responsibility for the delivery of an initiative, commission or groups of commissions.
- Ensure the implementation and compliance of all Concertus policies, procedures and guidelines including the Concertus Health and Safety Policy.
- Carry out any other duties that may reasonably be required by your Principal line manager, and represent the team as required and appropriate.
- Perform risk management to minimise project issues
- Provide an efficient and business-like point of contact. This includes responding to internal and external enquiries and (via face-to-face, telephone, email).
- Deliver a consistent and professional level of customer service at all times to Clients and other practices within the industry, and provide advice to various clients we service in both the private and public sectors.
Measures of success:
- Feedback from team members/line manager
- Contribution to service delivery
- Team performance
- Service improvements suggested
- Accuracy and timeliness of support
- Efficiency of systems and processes
- Service delivered within budget and to agreed targets
- Feedback from staff and managers, key stakeholders and clients
- Service delivery performance indicators
Essential or Desirable skills/ experiences:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the project management, construction management or surveying
- Strong organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Strong Project Coordination skills across team disciplines
- Degree level qualified or equivalent
- Working towards professional qualification e.g. MRICS, CIOB, RIBA or looking to progress this
- Experience of public sector projects a plus
- PRINCE II certification is a plus but not essential
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including MS Projects
- Effective communication skills across a range of contact forms, ie. JCT/NEC and different procurement methods, ie. traditional, Design and build etc
- Understanding of the RIBA Plan of Work Stages
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Create a positive and professional first impression of Concertus
- Deal with all contacts professionally
- Communicate with all staff efficiently
- Knowledge of the complaints handling procedure
BIM Roles and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with design team to ensure information is coordinated
- Understand and report on design information issue
- Coordinate information release between design and cost management team functions
- Good understanding of BIM functions and information issue requirements, drawings series etc.
How you act:
- Professional, friendly and honest – builds good relationships with colleagues, understands the importance of confidentiality
- Attention to detail – able to deliver clear and accurate information
- Team worker – you work collaboratively with your team to achieve better outcomes for customers
- Service deliverer – you focus on delivering a service that provides great outcomes for our customers
- Customer focused – you put the customer first
- Shows initiative – you come up with ways of improving how we do things
- Well organised – you plan and prioritise your work to ensure that deadlines are met. You have the ability to plan and multi-task and can work to strict deadlines
- Willing to learn – you want to acquire new skills that will support you in your role
- Flexible attitude – you are prepared to work flexibly to deliver the service