Phoenix Enterprise Park
“The redevelopment of this site is a testament to the confidence that exists in Lowestoft where the enterprise zone sites continue to be a catalyst for economic growth and job creation. It shows what can be done when people come together with a common aim to restore employment prospects in Lowestoft” – Councillor Jane Storey
We were required to carry out the following:
– A masterplan for the site (to follow the Local Development Order)
– The development of a 9 acre industrial site
– Feasibility studies
– Advising on the marketing and leasing of the business units
– Advising on the lease or sale of the remainder of the site
– Management of the site pre-development
– Management of transition to Suffolk County Council asset management
We were commissioned to deliver a masterplan on the entire site. Following discussions with the client, we decided to provide a phased option to suit their funding line. Cost data was presented to the client to allow them to determine the affordability and different phasing options open to them. A full application was submitted for Phase 1 of the project which consisted of 16 units varying in meterage to be leased on completion to local businesses. The business units and external areas were developed with robust, low maintenance materials and components. Producing visuals at an early stage of the project helped with the marketing of the site.
The useable business space we created contributed to the economic development in an area of Lowestoft which was in need of regeneration. Our clients have complimented the efficient delivery of this project.