To plan, design and manage civil design projects, ensuring the designs are compliant and economic.
- Participate as a Senior member of the Concertus team supporting colleagues and working collaboratively to develop the business
- Deputise for the Principal Civil and Structural Engineer as required
- Work flexibly to support delivery across the service
- Support junior employees
- Prepare bids for design schemes
- Report to clients, public agencies and planning bodies
- Provide an efficient and business-like point of contact
- Deliver a consistent and professional level of customer service at all times to clients and other stakeholders
- Undertake feasibility, concept and detail civil engineering design and checking
- Undertake inspections of civil engineering installations
- Commission specialist surveys
- Obtain approvals from statutory bodies
- Prepare reports including Flood Risk Assessments
- Create engineering drawings using CAD packages and sketches for drafting
- Assessing the environmental impact and risks connected to design decisions
- Assessing the Health and Safety impact and risks connected to design decisions
- Managing, directing and monitoring progress during each phase of a project
- Monitoring and inspecting work undertaken by contractors
BIM roles and responsibilities:
- Coordinated delivery of all design information
- Confirm design deliverables
- Ensuring Asset Information requirements and/or MIDP requirements set out in the Employers Information Requirements and delivered on a BIM project.
- Enable reliable information exchange through a common data environment
- Enable integration and coordination of information within the information model
- Configure information for project outputs
- Assure delivery of information exchanges
- Confirm supplier’s ability to deliver information requirements
- Manage information development and information approvals
- Production of design outputs related to discipline-specific, package-based or time-based tasks
- Direct the production of task information in compliance with standards and methods
- Direct the product of task information using agreed systems
- Manage spatial coordination on behalf of task team
- Propose resolutions to coordination clashes
Measures of success:
- Feedback from team members and line manager
- Performance Objectives
- Contribution to service
- Team performance
- Service improvements suggested
- Accuracy and timeliness of support
- Efficiency of systems and processes
- Service delivered within budget and to agreed targets
- Feedback from staff and managers
- Service delivery indicators
- Customer feedback
- Director feedback
It’s essential you have:
- Strong Engineering experience (five years minimum)
- Chartership with ICE or equivalent
- Strong experience designing SuDs drainage
- Experience designing small highways schemes
- Decision making under minimal supervision abilities
- Ability to work directly with clients and other team members to ensure projects are completed in agreed timescales
- Create a positive and professional first impression of Concertus.
- Deal with all contacts professionally.
- Liaise with Clients, Architects and other professional staff and provide technical advice to them
- Negotiate with drainage utilities, the Environment Agency and the lead local flood authority
- Negotiate with highway authorities
How you act:
- Professional, friendly and honest – Build good relationships with colleagues and understands the importance of confidentiality.
- Attention to detail – Able to deliver clear and accurate information
- Team worker – You work collaboratively with your team to achieve better outcomes for customers.
- Service deliverer – You focus on delivering a service that provides great outcomes for our customers.
- Customer focused – you put the customer first.
- Shows initiative – you come up with ways of improving how we do things
- Well organised – you plan and prioritise your work to ensure that deadlines are met. You have the ability to plan and multi-task and can work to strict deadlines
- Willing to learn – you want to acquire new skills that will support you in your role.
- Flexible attitude – you are prepared to work flexibly to deliver the service