Concertus Design & Property Consultants are delighted to have supported Central Bedfordshire Council in the procurement of its new four-year Construction Framework. The framework will support the Authority in completing an estimated £500 million worth of construction projects.
Concertus managed the process with the Council’s Procurement and Capital Construction Team to successfully select 24 key contractors with the right credentials and abilities to support the long-term aspiration of Central Bedfordshire Council.
The framework will enable the Authority to reduce procurement costs, employ locally, drive down construction costs and prioritise social value and sustainability on projects delivered within Central Bedfordshire.
The successful contractors will be required to undertake competitive tendering on potential projects to prove value and to implement the key requirements of the Authority.
Proposed projects will usually form part of the following:
- Care Home
- Education projects
- Leisure facilities
Darren Fellowes, Associate Director for Concertus Design & Property Consultants Ltd, said: “It’s been extremely rewarding to support Central Bedfordshire Council through this process and to get this framework up and running.”
“We are looking forward to working closely with Central Bedfordshire Council and their contractors and are excited to be playing our role in ensuring key projects built in the region are built to the highest standard and are of great value.”
For the interim, Concertus Design & Property Consultants will manage the framework on behalf of the Authority.
- Lot 1 – £0k – £750k: Beadwell, Gray & Sons, Borras, Conamar, G&S Hutchinson, Steel & Bray
- Lot 2 – £750k – £2.0m: SEH French, Beardwell, Conamar, Borras, T&B Contractors, MGBC Ltd
- Lot 3 – £2.0m – £8.0m: Penataco, RG Carter, Barnes, T&B Contracts, Ashe Construction, Jeakins Weir
- Lot 4 – £8.0m – £15.0m: Kier Construction, Wates Construction, Willmott Dixon, Morgan Sindall, RG Carter, BAM Construct
- Lot 5 – £15m+: Kier Construction, Wates Construction, Wilmott Dixon, Morgan Sindall, BAM Construct, John Graham
- Lot 6 – Modular: Elliot Group, Portakabin, Hawker Construction