SCDC Melton Hill
“This project involved producing a number of feasibility options. Using our expertise, we advised SCDC on its future property requirements to enable its staff and councillors to maintain and enhance the delivery of its services to the community.” – Graham Macpherson, Senior Estates Surveyor, Concertus
The Brief: With the vision to achieve fit-for-purpose accommodation and a reduction in operational costs, we were asked by Suffolk Coastal District Council (SCDC) to prepare a business case.
The project involved considering a number of feasible options and we needed to advise SCDC on its future property requirements to house its staff, councillors and to deliver its services to the community.
The Scope: The work undertaken comprised a range of estates, architectural design, project management and quantity surveying services and included –
- Initiation, outline business case, final business case, further business case reviews and contract documentation for final solution
- To advise SCDC on disposing of site, including methodology and capital receipt
- To work with SCDC planners on policy, development control issues and planning brief
- Working with agents Savills to market the property and compilation of database of background information for marketing including property title
- Advising SCDC in conjunction with Savills on preferred developer, deliverability and sale contract terms
- Project managing relocation from Melton Hill to new offices, fit out and staff transfer
The Result: The business case was completed in September 2014 and the final contract for the approved accommodation solution was signed in February 2015. Since, a contract for the SCDC office relocation to new offices in Melton was signed and the SCDC Melton Hill site was placed on the market for sale and redevelopment with Savills.